Time for a paradigm shift
Discover the next generation of CubeSats
- lower cosmic rays allow the use of commercial off-the-shelf components
- since nothing else is in VLEO, complex evasive maneuvers and space debris monitoring are unnecessary
- flying in a lower orbit allows Captis a faster revisit time
- lower latency due to a lower orbit
- inter-satellite communication allows the transmission of data even from satellites out of a groundstation’s range
- there is no danger of space debris
- after its lifetime, Captis satellites will disintegrate in the earth’s atmosphere
- the system is based on the CubeSat standard, which enables versatile applications
- the system can be customized in size according to the customer’s imagination
The use of VLEO is the next big step in commercial spaceflight. It will make operating satellites cheaper and safer. It will give more people access to space and let them benefit from the VLEO’s proximity to Earth.
Discover possible applications
The satellite’s orientation is variable, so that it is also possible to film upwards, in higher orbits.
Various gases can be measured from space.